Re: Fresco Painting

From: LM Paris (paris)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 04:36:26 PDT

    Great suggestion. I like the idea of the milk cartons. At least with the 35
    high school students I will be able to have them prepare their own plaster.
    Yea!

    Do you think making egg tempera would work on this plaster? I guess I will just
    have to give it a shot myself first. If not I have PLENTY of water color
    paint. Will the oval crayolas work, or do you need the tubes for good colors on
    the plaster?

    LM

    Vita23 wrote:

    > I have had good success using regular plaster of paris. We used the bottoms
    > of 1/2 gallon milk containers as molds. We painted them with watercolors and
    > taught the kids how to layer colors to achieve various tones. We had
    > excellent results. Preparing the molds for 300 kids is such a big job that
    > we will probably look for something else for our Renaissance project. Vita

    ---