Learning names (Holly)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 05:10:11 PDT

    I am placing an index card with the child's name on it in alphabetical order
    with a space for a nickname. It has taken a little time though to write
    these, but I figure if I put the time in now it will pay off. Later I will
    use the cards to call on the students. They will never know when there card
    comes up. I will give each student his own #. I too would like to know
    more. We will play a couple of name games today. Also their first
    assignment will be to draw their name creatively. I have mine of display.
    It is my name out of red peppers. They will do their hobby or what ever they
    are interested in. My bulletin board is all about Louisiana/Cajun/LSU &
    things that relate. Finished artwork etc.I am from La. Since I have never
    done a bulletin board before, Mine is done more artsy like interior design.
    Everybody LOVES it.
    Janice
    > Does anyone have a surefire, shortcut way of learning students' names?
    > (After 2 yrs and 550 students in my old school, I still didn't know every
    > kid's name without referring to a chart I had made!)
    > Holly :0)

    ---