Re: Rules and Expectations

From: gregjuli
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 20:04:21 PDT

    Barb,
    Here is another idea for your daughter-
    besides keeping the rules very simple ,I have the rules( expectations)
    on a handout, that also has some class requirements and info about
    grading that each student receives that first day of class ( I get 6 -
    six week sections of 7th graders twice a day). Anyhow , I make the
    students sign and date the sheet and get a parent's signature. This way
    the parents are also informed about what to expect in case there might
    be a problem ( discipline ). It also gives a nice bridge of
    communication. Let the parents know Art is important too. Keep them
    informed and a partner in the childs education.

    MaryB

    ---