Re: South American Art

From: Yvette Lewis (yvlewis)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 14:34:31 PDT

      I am teaching a high school class entitled "South American Crafts". There is no textbook. I need to come up with enough cheap, and relatively simple projects for an entire semester. If anyone has any ideas for me, that would be wonderful.

      Robert, I can't remember exactly what they are called but ... reliquary container with lids out of clay with animals as part of the lid. I think Peru, Incas maybe. I have some info in my school files but I won't be there for another week. If I find the specufic info I will pass it along. I did this with elementary but certainly could be used in the seconday level. If you don't have access to a kiln maybe air dried clay or even paper machie bowls and lids .

      Yvette

    ---