Philosophy of Discipline

From: Linda Erling-Baker (beartsmart)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 11:17:23 PDT

    Since I'm relatively new at teaching and still have much to learn, I was
    wondering what some of you thought. When at an interview and are asked
    "What is your philosophy of discipline?", what is your answer? The
    question seems so broad to me and therefore I am curious if they are
    looking for something very specific. I received a BFA and worked in the
    graphic arts industry for a number of years and went back 5 years ago
    for teacher certification - just taking education courses at that time
    because I already had all the necessary studio courses completed. We
    never discussed a "philosophy" of discipline as we did a "philosophy of
    education".
    Thanks!

    ---