Re: Middle School Art Club

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 07:19:05 PDT

    Dear Phyllis,

    I have an art club at the elementary level (5th graders). I usually have
    about 50 people sign up for the club, so I split the group into two (I do
    this no matter how many sign up). I then have two sections of art club.
    The club meets once a week from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. for eight sessions
    (section one, Oct. -Nov., section two Jan.- Feb.). We primarily do
    sculpture lessons with materials that are too expensive, or take to long to
    do in regular art classes. We also paint the windows (12 panels) of three
    unused flat showcases. These paintings stay up several months (the ones we
    do in the Spring stay up until the following school year).

    In the event that I get too many applicants (over 50) I select 50 members by
    lottery (draw out the names).

    Leah