Ideas for Positive Faculty Skits?

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler@ez-net.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 05:00:59 PDT

    We are a small logging community. Our entire district K-12 is about 320
    students, roughly 170 students in the high school. We come back this fall
    after a rough spring and summer. Its been one of those inexplicable
    settings. Four attempted suicides among teens, one successful. Three boys
    skip school during last week of school, and one drowns. A rescue diver
    drowns in his body's search. Another boy nearly killed on an atv
    four-wheeler, and finally...a local sheriff shot and killed who's two
    daughters go to our school.

    The year could start off with all kinds of new rules, with a heavy hand come
    down. We've had a lot of new changes in the halls...a face lift in a new
    ceiling, lockers re-located, etc; A few of us on staff were thinking we
    should begin the year upbeat. On a lighter note. A "Welcoming" if you
    will. Thought it would be fun for a few staffers to have some off the wall
    zanny skit, maybe dress up...that would bring a good laugh and warm welcome
    to the kids. A positive upbeat note. Let them feel....well, like
    "everything is going to be alright, and life is good!"

    So...my fine crony peers, I'm just tossing this out to you to see if you may
    already know of a few things done in your schools that have brought a good
    laugh, something the kids responded to and enjoyed. Thanks in advance.....

    Larry
    Larry Seiler
    My Painting Exhibits-
    http://lseiler.artistnation.com