re: cellophane

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 19:58:27 PDT

    One thing I did with cellophane is to make teaching tools. Since we
    always read the story Mouse Paint, by Ellen Stohl Walsh, I cut out mouse
    body shapes with an oval window in the center of each out of heavy
    tagboard. Over one window I glued blue, one yellow, one red. When you
    place these on the overhead, it's easy for the kids to see how colors do
    mix (though the red actually looks pink on the overhead). Actually, I
    made a set of these for each table as well (I have 8 tables). They can
    hold them up to the light and see the "miracle" of color mixing. Sounds
    pretty basic, but they love it. Oh, and I laminated each one, so they
    stand up to wear and tear.

    ---