Re: Teachers who sell their work

From: KPRS (kprs)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 15:23:26 PDT

    While I am not the person who requested the 'teachers who sell' information, I am
    interested in the results. It is my personal opinion that there will be more men
    'teachers who sell' than women, statistically. Which means if there are 15
    respondants from women and 15 respondants from men, I am betting that the
    percentage of men who 'teach and sell' will be higher than women who 'teach and
    sell'. And the percentage of women who are single, or without children (or
    children who have left home) will be the next highest percentage. I may be
    wrong.

    I (a woman) have restructured what I "sell" to fit within my busy lifestyle...so
    I costume local theater productions, and make handpuppets on commission, two
    "fiber arts" that are portable in some of the stages. My art friends and I have
    discussed this and while some of my friends have 'returned' to studio work, like
    painting and printmaking, they did so when their children left the home. Up to
    that point their time, or a block of time, was severely limited.

    San D