Re: sketchbooks

From: croberts (croberts)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 15:00:55 PDT

    How about the 7 cent folders from Target or piece of construction paper folded in half...and cutup newsprint from end rolls from newspaper. Some newspapers give the end rolls away free...we have to pay for them here...$6.00...but it lasts a long time. I run a knife blade down the side of the roll and cut several sheets at a time...and then trim them up with the paper cutter.

    When I was teaching middle school...mine made their sketchbooks out of a piece of white drawing paper (folded in half) which they decorated...and then filled with notebook paper. They will draw on anything...they didn''t care if it had lines...and then they also took notes in the book.
    Carolyn Roberts

        How young can students start keeping a sketchbook............and any ideas for the schools in "poor" districts where the students may not be able to afford a sketchbook???

    ---