First day of school!

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 15:03:49 PDT

    Today was my first day with students, a relief after 3 days of meetings
    and one workday (didn't have much to do as I have been working all
    summer getting the room ready!). The kids were great. I started with 4th
    grade today and used the lesson someone posted about drawing a portrait
    of the teacher on a newsletter to go home to parents. The kids loved it
    and had a great time. I want to thank who ever posted that idea, it was
    brill!! You should have seen the portraits. Some looked alot like me
    (unfortunately especially the triangular figure - small at top and wide
    at the hips!), but not one single child left off my earrings! I wear
    long dangles, most of the other teachers are a bit more conservative
    with their jewelry so I guess they really pick up on the differences.

    Thanks again for all the great ideas. I know I am going to have a
    wonderful first year, thanks to this group!

    Sandra in AL

    ---