Verbosity Funny

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 04:13:25 PDT

    Hello dear artsednet follks,

            Some of you have already started back to teaching and your school
    hummocks are beginning to grow. This is dedicated to all of us for our
    mental health as we endure mounds of papers, the contents over which we
    have no control. I am sure we can all add a personal line to the
    observations below...hope to hear from some of you re: your local school
    political verbosity.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

    Government Verbosity:

    Pythagorean theorem: 24 words.

    The Lord's prayer: 66 words.

    Archimedes' Principle: 67 words.

    The 10 Commandments: 179 words.

    The Gettysburg address: 286 words.

    The Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words.

    U.S. Government regulations on cabbage sales: 26,911 words.

    ---