Building Visual Resources

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 07:59:37 PDT

    This is for beginning teachers. I know when I first got back into teaching,
    I had no idea where to look for visual resources. Here are some of the
    resource addresses I have at home. Those of you who have limited funds for
    resources may want to do an "Adopt a Print" or "Adopt a Video" at your open
    house. You could have some of your wish lists posted and parents could
    choose which print they would like to purchase or which video. Their name
    would be printed on a label and placed on the video or print. I would
    imagine you would have to set up an account to receive the funds. Your
    school board will probably be willing to cover the shipping....or you could
    buy from a company that has FREE shipping (like Sax). All of these sources
    will send you a free catalog.

    Here are some addresses for resources:
    Crystal Productions
    Box 2159
    Glenview, Ill 60025-6159
    1-800-255-8629

    Crizmac
    Art and Cultural Education Materials, Inc
    P.O. Box 65928
    Tucson, AZ 85728-5928
    1-800-913-8555

    Art Image Publications, Inc
    P.O. Box 568
    Champlain, NY 12919
    1-800-361-2598

    Universal Color Slide Co
    8450 South Tamiami Trail
    Sarasota, Florida 34238-2936
    1-800-326-1367

    Teacher's Video Company
    P.O. Box ARS-4455
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85261
    1-800-262-8837

    Davis Publishing, Inc
    50 Portland Street
    Worcester, MA 01608
    1-800-533-2847

    Sax Arts & Crafts
    Visual Resource Catalog
    P.O. Box 510710
    New Berlin, WI 53151

    Library Video
    http://www.libraryvideo.com
    1-800-843-3620

    It is cheaper to order Shorewood prints directly from the company, but I do
    not have that address at home. Art Image Productions have slightly smaller
    prints than Shorewood, but they are more affordable. You can buy prints
    individually or make up your own set and save more.

    Please add to this list for our beginning teachers. I know there are others
    out there who have found valuable resources for prints and videos.

    Judith Decker

    ---