Re: beginning projects

From: DtGaffney
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 07:03:44 PDT

    Erin,

    I recently shared an idea that was in a School Arts magazine. It is modeled
    after "Where's Waldo" books. Have your students all make self portarits on a
    specified size of construction paper. For younger ones use a cut out. All
    students portray self characteristics with markers, put name on it. Principal
    does one too. So then you staple on bulletin board with a sign Where's the
    principal? The students look for their own and for the principal's portrait
    (full body probably 3" x9"). This is a project all your students can do and
    promotes group effort and community.

    I'm sure everybody will have their own embellishments.

    Donna G

    ---