Star theme

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 21:28:48 PDT

    After a visit to a planetarium I had kids to design
    their own constellations. The constellations did not
    have to already exist. First I had them to choose an
    animal, real or imaginary, to base the whole thing on.
     Then I had them to write a story about them animal
    and how it became a constellation. After that I had
    them to draw the animal out completely on scrap paper.
     When they had a picture that they liked I had them to
    simplify it into a star cluster using only up to ten
    stars. They then transfered their new constellation
    onto black paper using metallic pens. The kids love
    using metallic pens. I did this with 3rd and 4th
    graders at summer camp this year and it worked out

    Do You Yahoo!?
    Yahoo! Mail Free email you can access from anywhere!