Pharaohs of the Sun Exhibit

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 21:19:26 PDT

    Hello Everyone,

    I just got back from the Chicago Art Institute. Their
    big exhibit right now is Pharaohs of the Sun. It
    features a ton of Egyptian art. Most of the art was
    created while Akhenaten ruled. The beginning of King
    Tutankhamen's reign was also included, but I was
    surprised as to how little they included about him.
    The audio tour was really worth the money. It made
    everything so much more interesting. It was a
    remarkable tour.

    I would like to include an Egyptian lesson when I
    teach my Super Saturday class this Fall. Super
    Saturday is a program for gifted children. I will be
    teaching 1st and 2nd for 2 hours every Saturday. If
    anyone has any Egyptian lesson plans I would love to
    hear them. Also, lesson plans for other cultures
    would be great. My class is going to be a
    multi-cultural course. Later.

    Kimberly