Re: Artist Quotes

From: henry taylor (taylorh)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 17:27:25 PDT

    Why, I wonder, are one sentence quotations now so
    popular? They always seem so lacking in context and
    depth--as if the heart and soul of the artist has been
    stripped away to reveal a somewhat popular and almost
    wholly generic sentiment. Sometimes whatever profundity
    or validity they display seems part of the general run
    of common sense. Sometimes I get the feeling that they
    are just an argument being elevated by the name they
    are connected to.

    Maybe it's just another sign that I'm getting old and
    out dated--along with my collection of quotes ;-)
    -henry

    ---