Re: "Star" theme.. Need ideas

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 12:15:47 PDT

            More extensions with music and Van Gogh...play "Vincent" by Don
    McLean which starts out.."Starry starry night..." The students at this
    level can compose a theme song about stars to go along with visual
    projects. My fifth graders enjoy string art with geometric patterns, many
    with stars. We use embroidery floss and needles on poster board. Crayon
    etching or scratcboard lends itself to this theme, also.

                    Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

    ---