6th Graders

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 14:36:27 PDT

    This is also my first year to teach -Tomorrow
    Morning!!!!, and I start right off with early morning
    blacktop duty, then two classes of 6th graders, then
    planning, then lunch duty, then three classes of 7th &
    8th grade mixed. At enrollment one told me he's a pain
    in the ....... and one who has had art 2 years insists
    he hates it, though the first place he came was the
    art room to meet me. Oh! and then after school duty.

    One more thing, they main office still hasn't ordered
    my supplies, and they never ordered any last year.
    They will, but who knows when it will arrive. AND, the
    room was broken into and torn up some, nothing stolen.
    And the airconditioner keeps falling apart loudly.
    Welcome to Middle School, eh? The faculty is really
    positive and seems to be supportive of each other.

    They have had a difficult 3 years in this art program,
    so I'm starting everybody out the same, with the first
    few lessons of Betty Edwards, partly because those are
    the materials I have - paper for portfolios, a few
    pencils, paper. I plan to put their first drawings in
    a "time capsule" for us to bring back out at the end
    of the semester to see if they have improved - like
    "before & after".

    good to be back
    Betty in OK