Re: "Star" theme.. Need ideas

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 13:33:06 PDT

    Janjarreau wrote:
    > any star art activities that
    > I could use for my classroom. The theme this year is "Reach for the Stars."
    > I teach science and math to 5th and 6th graders,but we do integrate the theme
    > throughout all the subjects. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a shining
    > display! Thanks and good luck to you as you begin teaching this year. I've
    > heard many good things about your fantastic ideas.
    > Carol Double
    I hope the "houses/teams" in our school begins to teach around themes.
    Ideas for stars: Exploration to the stars (I'm a treckie), the Hubble telescope,
    the SETI project (search for extraterrestrial life), Sports stars and
    movie stars,
    study of our closet star (the sun), history of beliefs about the stars,
    study of prima donnas, star as a symbol, star of david to a pentagram,
    gold stars (study of rewards), Why we can't see the stars ? Stars and
    navigation, Stars and our calendar, etc. etc.
                                                                    Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on  wduncan