Re: need 6 grade lessons & Re:Crafts website (Jill)

From: Michal (whest177)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 13:03:05 PDT

    One of my favorite 6th grade lesson is silhouettes. I take 6"x12" paper (long and
    skinny gives them a new challenge to work with). I show them examples of
    silhouettes and then have them draw their own. Trees, fences, horses, people,
    dogs, etc work well. We color their drawings in with Sharpies, then using
    wet-on-wet watercolor techniques we paint the sky in blue, purple, red, orange,
    and yellow. These are always successful, and end up being my kids' favorite
    lesson. It takes 2 1/2 25 minute class periods.
    ~Michal