Re: complain, complain, complain

From: Mcracker
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 10:05:39 PDT

    In a message dated 8/12/00 11:46:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
    whest177 writes:

    << I should just "let it go" the mural that was
     painted over, >>
    Michel-
    I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this lack of appreciation of
    what art is and its value. I fought for a year with the administration of our
    school who eventually painted over five years of "wall blocks" painted as a
    rite of passage by my eighth grade students. I have finally "let it go", but
    the memory of the hurt and anger I felt when the deed was actually done will
    always be with me. I hope your student can begin to realize that the act of
    creating was the most important part of the experience....maybe he/she can
    create a work in response to her fellings about being "painted out' which
    could become a very strong piece in a portfolio? Just a thought. My deepest
    sympathy to you both!
    Marcia

    ---