Re: Cellophane +++!

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 07:32:31 PDT

    > Deb,
    > Here's an idea I used which the kids loved. Colorful fall leaves were
    > collected and we "hot pressed" them with an iron between sheets of
    > colored cello- say amber, or orange and a layer of clear. We hung them
    > from the ceiling and put them over the windows "leaf sun catchers"!
    > In winter the kids cut delicate snowflakes and we sandwiched them
    > between two sheets of clear or, between a sheet of blue and clear cello.
    > These could also go on the windows or hung in chains or icicle style
    > around the room. Hum-m-m pressed flowers might be cool too.
    > -Louise
    > ps. I forgot to add, we made decorated construction paper frames for the
    > leaf sun catchers or, we cut them out into place mat size large leaf
    > shapes. Cutting "around" your pressed stuff so that the edges sealed.

    This is interesting, I didn't know that cellophane would stick together.
    Speaking of sticking, I have a lot of trouble using cellophane because it
    won't stick with Elmer's white glue. Plus, the glue shows through (same
    with tissue paper). What do you all use for adhesives? Remember, no rubber
    cement for the kids!

    Leah

    ---