Cellophane

From: Linda Erling-Baker (beartsmart)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 22:16:15 PDT

    In the spring, when it starts to get warm and sunny in the north-east I
    do a lesson with my fourth grade designing sunglasses. I have a templet
    for the front and side pieces that they may trace on white oak tag. They
    use this basic templet (for proportion only) and may change or enlarge
    the shapes as desired to fit their personality and color and/or glue on
    any designs. The side pieces are taped to the front so they move as if
    on a hinge, and finally they can choose the color of the sun glass
    "lens" from the cellophane. This is cut and taped on the backside of the
    front piece. My students really love this project!

    ---