Re: Cellophane +++!

From: LOUISE HARVILLA (harv4art)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 13:14:44 PDT

    Deb,
    Here's an idea I used which the kids loved. Colorful fall leaves were
    collected and we "hot pressed" them with an iron between sheets of
    colored cello- say amber, or orange and a layer of clear. We hung them
    from the ceiling and put them over the windows "leaf sun catchers"!
            In winter the kids cut delicate snowflakes and we sandwiched them
    between two sheets of clear or, between a sheet of blue and clear cello.
    These could also go on the windows or hung in chains or icicle style
    around the room. Hum-m-m pressed flowers might be cool too.
                                                 -Louise
    ps. I forgot to add, we made decorated construction paper frames for the
    leaf sun catchers or, we cut them out into place mat size large leaf
    shapes. Cutting "around" your pressed stuff so that the edges sealed.

    ---