Artist Quotes- Repeat

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 06:36:07 PDT

    This is repeated for those who could not read my previous post. It came
    through the digest with strange code...I didn't even bother to try to read
    it myself. I am looking for artist's quotes to add to my pages. I would
    really like to know of any current ones you folks may have (in addition to
    "dead White guys").
    mdecker (or post to the list)

    Here is the one from Keith Haring again for those who had trouble reading
    through the code:

    "The best reason to paint is that
    there is no reason to paint.

    I'd like to pretend that I've never
    seen anything, never read anything,
    never heard anything...
    and then make something.

    Every time I make something I think about
    the people who are going to see it
    and every time I see something
    I think about the person who made it.

    Nothing is important
    so, everything is important."
    Keith Haring (June 25, 1986, New York City)

    I have my own reasons for teaching about Keith Haring.
    Please keep posting quotes you come across. When I have enough new ones, I
    will update my quotes pages and post to the list. Right now, you are right,
    I have too much time on my hands. Those who know me....know why. Thank you
    to all who have been concerned. Believe me, I am fine.

    Judith Decker

    P.S. Does anyone know why messages sometimes come through with = signs and
    the strange code? I always enter mine in Outlook. I am assuming the Keith
    Haring quote didn't work because I copied it from Word and pasted.

    ---