Re: leftover work

From: Judie (judiej50)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 03:30:49 PDT

    I struggle with this each year also, even though I have students keep
    portfolios, some of the work ends up not being taken home. This summer, I
    spent a good deal of time cleaning out all of my "hummocks" and ended up
    donating a good bit of it to a battered womens' shelter. Perhaps I should
    donate some of the childrens' unclaimed art to the shelter also. Just
    can't bring myself to throwing it out.

    Judie J

    Robin:
    > Thanks for a great idea. I always feel bad about throwing out student
    >work at the end of a semester or school year. There's so much of it. But
    >other teacher's have asked if they could take some to decorate their rooms
    >with. I once put some up in the hallways, but the custodians took it down.
    >And a lot I still have and like to go through every now and then.
    >Dennis in Stockton, CA
    >
    >---

    ---