Re: First day of school

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 20:32:46 PDT

    Try the Mona Brooks DRAWING WITH CHILDREN. I use this program with my
    Kinders with great results. It helps their drawing and writing skills. We
    draw with sharpies, so no erasing. We also do activities with colors (Mixing
    red and yellow together to get orange and painting pumpkins drawn with black
    crayons. Mixing green to paint the leaves) Texture rubbings using texture
    plates, and printmaking patterns with junk. We discuss overlapping when we
    draw the pumpkins. I use a lot of easy books in my program. One is Ho Lim
    Lim. It has great wood cuts. We did a printmaking project with SCratchfoam
    and markers.
    Good luck, Janet

    ---