The official number saga (a little long)

From: VanGghsEar
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 16:48:47 PDT

    The official number as of today is 42 and 38....my mind is blown away.
    Unfortunately where we live we have a lot of people moving to the area who
    are not used to schools starting so early and they don't bring their kids
    until after labor day. We usually pick up another 30 or 40 between now and
    then.

    I lost it when they also told me I was getting an emotionally disturbed -
    severly obsessive - compulsive 8th grader in another class and there was
    probably going to be no aide to come with him.

    I decided that the 8th grader come with an aide or not come. He has been in
    class before and is dangerous to himself and others. I am not a mean
    teacher....I love my kids ...I work with all the special kids well except
    this situation could lead to other kids getting hurt. He harmed a child in PE
    last year and they had to remove him. All he wanted to do last year in art
    for the 2 days I had him was smash people's projects (he never got close
    enough) and other assorted behavioral problems. I spent the entire time not
    leaving his side during art class because my student teacher was there so I
    acted as his aide.

    I decided to calmly try and solve these 2 problems after my meltdown and:
    The PTO will try to send a volunteer to help me with the class and as far as
    the 8th grader goes I worked with his teacher and as of right now he is not
    coming.

    The year starts Wed. with kids.
    VGE

    ---