Re: First day of school

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 05:43:01 PDT

    K - divide your paper into 6
    > sections. Paint 3 sections yellow (cake tempera), now paint 2 empty
    sections
    > red, plus paint red over one of your yellow sections. Now paint your last
    empty
    > section blue, plus one yellow section and one red section. What colors did
    you
    > make? What color is your water? (brown)

    Wow! This is impressive. I'm sad to say, (many of) my kinders couldn't do
    this. Some don't know the colors, or how to draw a line that goes edge to
    edge. Painting inside the lines would be a real miracle. In fact, I learned
    my first year that I had to put their names on their folders, otherwise I
    couldn't read most of them!

    Now, what do I do? In the past, it has taken us most of the class to find
    our seats (I pre-make a chart), decorate our folder, and learn a few
    procedures. However, I wouldn't mind a short, fun, surely successful
    activity idea!

    Leah

    ---