complain, complain, complain

From: Jennifer Buerkle (buerklej.fl.us)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 04:26:23 PDT

    Okay, I need to let it out. I've had it with our support staff! Over
    the summer, someone (a mystery person) piled 10 50 lb boxes of clay
    onto my 3-tiered media cart so they (the mystery person) could wax my
    floor. They then rolled it about 3/4 way into my office. Where it
    collapsed forward, the front wheel broken. Very precarious. If you
    took off the first box, there was a good chance all the boxes (1000 lbs)
    would shift forward and injure you. I very cheerfully and tacfully
    informed the custodian, her response was that she didnt do it, get "your
    husband" to fix it. (he's a big guy) I showed it to the lead teacher.
    She hmmmmed and nodded. I showed it to the administrator. She said,
    "wow, that looks dangerous." I called the district's maintenance center
    and begged for two strong folks to help me out for five minutes. Sure,
    they said right away. That was Monday. Kids come this Monday. I am
    really tempted to try and fix it myself and end up with broken bones and
    sue the whole lot of them! But at 50+, my upper body just isn't what it
    used to be and I can't heft them. One of the teachers suggested I get
    crime scene tape and rope it off before Open House (held for parents
    before school opens). I like that idea.

    Don't need suggestions, just a forum. A real Prozac moment. I think I
    need to double my dose!

    Jen

    ---