we are "special"

From: MRJWITZ
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 22:04:19 PDT

    I have been reading about lunch duty and washing tables....and thinking about
    how I've fought the system for years regarding the "specials' duties". In my
    district the duties were shared by all teachers until many classroom teachers
    decided that they had homerooms so the "special teachers" should do ALL of
    the morning and afternoon duties to make up for the time the teachers had
    homerooms ( 5 minutes). I brought to their attention that "special teachers"
    do not have homerooms but have about 20 times the students (I have 20
    classes) to do grades for and correct work.....I fought it single handedly (
    others did not have tenue) and lost the battle.....so.....while us "special
    teachers" are standing in the rain and snow for 35 minutes doing car duty...I
    remind them and myself......just remember......we see the world
    differently...we see beauty in things that others don't see......WE ARE
    "SPECIAL" ! robin :- )

    Robin

    ---