applause!!! Re: 5 Most Influential Artists

From: Nnaell
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 15:17:44 PDT

    Thank you. I would be more embarassed...not if my students could not spit
    out rote stats, but if they could not sit down and intelligently discuss a
    work of art they were unfamiliar with. I would be very upset if my students
    thought the only are of value was created by men who have long left this
    world, know nothing of their (the students') world and whos' gifts were so
    extraordinary that we have not seen their like again (hence the reason they
    live on) I would be happier for my students to believe that they too are
    art makers and have confidence in what they know.

    ---