Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I like to use Amaco velvet underglazes.
1. Most colors are close to their fired color so they are easy to work with
and modify the colors with others.
2. Most colors can be fired to at least a mid range temperature if you
have a change in plans/clay source.
3. Getting away with one "good' coat produces pleasing results.
4. you can apply to greenware and then get a second shot at color or
antique finishing after the bisque. %.
5. You can also use the colors over Majolica (bucket mixed) glaze for a
variety of techniques.
6. Top off with a good reliable commercial clear glaze, seems to work well
on any clay and under (or over) any glaze.
Trying to slow time down this last week of summer.
maker of small and medium sized ceramic objects
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:14:11 PDT