Re: Ceramic Glazes - any recommendations?

From: halexa (halexa)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:11:31 PDT

    HI,
     I like to use Amaco velvet underglazes.
    1. Most colors are close to their fired color so they are easy to work with
    and modify the colors with others.
     2. Most colors can be fired to at least a mid range temperature if you
    have a change in plans/clay source.
    3. Getting away with one "good' coat produces pleasing results.
    4. you can apply to greenware and then get a second shot at color or
    antique finishing after the bisque. %.
    5. You can also use the colors over Majolica (bucket mixed) glaze for a
    variety of techniques.
    6. Top off with a good reliable commercial clear glaze, seems to work well
    on any clay and under (or over) any glaze.
    Trying to slow time down this last week of summer.
    Heather Alexander
    maker of small and medium sized ceramic objects
    halexa

    ---