Artists Quotes- What are your favorites?

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 09:26:54 PDT

    I would like to add more artist's quotes to my Web page (that way, I won't
    "lose" them--ha-ha). I had forgotten I had this from Keith Haring (please
    pardon the all caps--not everyone uses caps to shout):

    Keith Haring

    THE BEST REASON TO PAINT IS THAT
    THERE IS NO REASON TO PAINT.

    ID LIKE TO PRETEND THAT IVE NEVER
    SEEN ANYTHING, NEVER READ ANYTHING,
    NEVER HEARD ANYTHING...
    AND THEN MAKE SOMETHING.

    EVERTIME I MAKE SOMETHING I THINK ABOUT
    THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO SEE IT
    AND EVERTIME I SEE SOMETHING
    I THINK ABOUT THE PERSON WHO MADE IT.

    NOTHING IS IMPORTANT ...
    SO, EVERTHING IS IMPORTANT.
    KEITH HARING (JUNE 25 1986 New York City)

    Here is my page so far:
    http://elms.elida.k12.oh.us/~jdecker/quotes.htm

    (they are not on the WCOIL server yet--but will be soon---This is the site
    that is on the school server)

    I know the quotes I have are all "dead"....and old (OK, Joseph? if you are
    reading)....so send me any sites for quotes (not About.com as that is where
    these came from) or some of your favorites. I will do my own searches once I
    hear from all of you. The links that were presented months ago are not
    available to me now (I know they are in the archives somewhere). If nothing
    else...at least I got to share this Keith Haring with you!

    mdecker

    Judith Decker

    ---