re: sketchbooks & portfolios

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 08:22:16 PDT

    <<I have a few questions about keeping the students' works in portfolios
    or
    sketch books....Do any of you have difficulties with the work not going
    home
    for parents to see during the year? Do you keep ALL of the work until
    the end
    of the year? do you do special sketch book or portfolio lessons and
    then
    other units that are displayed or taken home? robin>>

    I let parents look at work anytime they want, in my room. Also, much of
    the work is displayed around the school, so if they are up here, they
    see it! It also is a good way to CYA (cover your *ss)... I didn't
    realize this until this past year when a parent was wanting to know why
    their kid wasn't getting an "E" in art and his friends were. I was able
    to pull out the portfolio and sketchbook and show her exactly what he
    was (or in this case WASN't) doing in class.

    teri

    ---