New Member Student Teaching in Tucson

From: Bruce Crable (crable)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 08:05:25 PDT

    Howdy all,
      I rejoined this site yesterday and I'm really looking forward to some
    communication from you folks this semester. When I say rejoined I was
    reading posts on this site from most of you about a two years ago when I
    was begining grad school here at the UofA but I had very little input. Now
    I'm graduating and could use some of your very practical advise and help.
    Well not quite graduating, student teaching, writing a research project,
    and a thesis. Whew! I guess I'm not even "quite" graduating.
       Well, I'd like to hear your experiences while student teaching, and your
    ideas about a semester research project (qualitative) in ceramics, metal
    sculpture, or public art (tile mural). These are the three areas I'll be
    student teaching classes at the high school level this semester. My thesis
    project will be on "Teaching studio techniques in a comprehensive art
    education setting" including a literature review. If you have the name and
    address of a good publisher of technique books I'd like to have it. Good
    demo videos also.

       I'm an older student with an undergrad degree in two D painting. And
    I've decided to teach because of some health problems. I'll try to answer
    all corespondence but I'm not as good a typest as I'd like to be, I'm kinda
    slow.

       I'll be searching the arcives of this site, and I would like to thank
    you for your contributions to this marvelous resource.

    Thanks everyone,
    Bruce Crable

    ---