re: gluing

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 07:55:55 PDT

    This year I've decided to give up on teaching Ks to glue. After 10
    years of chewed up (sometimes literally) glue lids, I'm changing my
    strategy. I may have heard this on this list, but I am going to squeeze
    a small blob onto wax paper (or scrap cardstock, I have tons of that)
    and let them use a craft pick (like a large toothpick) to scoop up the
    glue and place on their paper. The classroom teachers use the
    tap-n-glue lids on theirs, and it doesn't translate well into the art
    room. They try all kinds of things with the glue. Even though I always
    say "a dot is a lot," only about half actually believe me :-)
    teri

    ---