Re: budget orders

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 07:48:24 PDT

    Teri Mason wrote:

    > Well, our school district doesn't even PASS OUR BUDGET until August 15,
    > 2 days before the kids come back. I have to cross my fingers and fill
    > out purchase orders and hope that they give me my requested budget!

    This has been a problem at my school the last 6-7 years, though not
    _quite_ as bad as yours. I learned to order some supplies a whole year
    ahead so I've got enough to start the year. In other words, in May, the
    drawing pencils and clay I ordered will actually be used for the 01-02
    school year. The pencils and clay I'll start with next week were
    actually ordered last year. It'll take a year or two after you first do
    this before this system works, but at least I've got the minimum items I
    need. The rest of the goodies I need for _this _year (paint, canvas
    boards, glazes, colored pencils, etc) will get here in Sept., which is
    plenty of time.

    Maggie

    ---