Re: First day of school-creative lines

From: MRJWITZ
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 06:02:22 PDT

    a good easy starter is the creative line drawing....it could be done with any
    and every grade...it sparks the discussion of creativity,
    individuality....and "everything is "right" in art"...the kids like when I
    compare a math problem that MUST have an exact answer to the many different
    products just the same line can create.....I use discriptive words to have
    them put lines on their papers....a wiggle line, a straight line, a line that
    touches itself...etc...then we marvel at how different these lines
    look...then...in the older grades I collect and redistribute the papers so
    that they get someone elses...then I ask them to create a compostition using
    these lines..and more...it is a great lesson....one class....and a good
    starter. good luck.

    Robin

    ---