Re: First day of school

From: ARopple
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 05:48:59 PDT

    Hello --
    I go through some rules and regs and then play a little drawing game. This
    is what I do for 6th graders: I put a beanie baby in a box with some beads so
    it makes a scratching noise when shaken. Then, I give kids a short list of
    clues to (mis)guide them as to the content. A little pink bunny has "long
    pointy ears, more than three legs, beady little eyes, etc. After getting the
    clues, the kids have to draw what they think is in the box. I treat the box
    like it contains a live creature, etc. The drawings are wild and sparks
    converstaions about imagination when the real creature appears at the end of
    class !
    Good luck,
    Amy

    ---