Re: Most Influential Artists

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 16:12:04 PDT

    If we must choose five, then we should each choose our own five. Years ago
    there were efforts to get art educators to list the 100 important
    artists to
    include in a national curriculum. I would fight that also, It is
    against the nature
    of an artist (or art educator) to be limited in their thinking. It
    stifles creative
    approaches to teaching. To choose from the thousands available would surly
    keep Kansas artists like Elizabeth "Grandma" Layton and Stan Herd off
    the list.

            http://www.ott.net/~ocacarts/layton.html Grandma Layton
            http://www.stanherd.com/ Stan Herd

                                            Some thoughts from Oz, Woody in KC