Re: Sketchbooks - yes!

From: ARTISOK
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 16:02:58 PDT

    Yes, I do start with making "sketchbooks".... I have used them for the past
    seven years..and do like,,,,I type a list of 10 grade appropriate art
    starters including highlighted vocabulary. It works to reinforce and review.
    Great for use when you need to be out and have a substitute. This year I am
    going to call them "journals"...more of a small portfolio- same art lists to
    start them (when needed) and then they have the freedom to "elaborate" with
    other ideas..Students make them-using a 14"x 18" piece of colored
    construction paper....I use the same colors for each grade level and segment
    them in a cardboard box by the day of the week they come to art. It has
    worked for me.
    artisok

    ---