Re: 5 Most Influential Artists

From: Daceballos
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 15:44:25 PDT

        I have to agree with your list of five: Da Vinci, Michelangelo,
    Rembrandt, Van Gogh and Picasso. Each for a myriad of reasons, even though
    there are a lot more than these five. I always include these when we talk
    about perspective (Leonardo), sculpture and the study of anatomy
    (Michelangelo), focus point, use of light in painting (Rembrandt), color!
    (Van Gogh), cubism and abstraction (Picasso).
        I agree with others that it is important to include women and
    non-European artists as well. I usually include: O'Keeffe, Rivera, Kahlo,
    Kollwitz and Jacob Lawrence.
    Dennis in Stockton

    ---