Re: Sketchbooks

From: christine kotarsky (ernst85)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 11:14:21 PDT

    This summer in art camp (grade 2-5) marbelized paper and then glued the
    paper to some tag board cut to size and that was the cover of the book. We
    discussed how old books used to have beautiful marbelized paper on the
    inside cover. I could not find an example in our liberary this time but did
    locate one a few years ago that was over 200 years old and suprizingly was
    able to check it out. The kids thought that it was really cool to see such
    an old book.
    When we marblize paper again for a sketchbook I think I will have them
    marbelize right on to heaver white tag or railboard. Then we can skip the
    step with the glueing.
    Christine