Re: 5 Most Influential Artists

From: Mcracker
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 10:25:41 PDT

    Hello-
    I agree with everyone's artist selections....how can you limit it to 5????
    This year I am using four artists for everyone...Dale Chihuly, Louise
    Nevelson, Edgar Degas and Edward S. Curtis. Then 6th graders will learn about
    Chuck Close and Van Gogh (self portraits), 7th graders will learn about
    DaVinci and Michelangelo (observational drawing and perspective) and 8th get
    Picasso and K. Haring (color and art as language). I try to include at least
    one living artist every year so they don't get the idea that art is "dead". I
    am having mixed results on the Cubism sit....I can get to the links, but am
    not very successful with clicking around. I'm not sure what all of you are so
    thrilled with. I was hoping for a site my 8th graders could use...but I don't
    think this is it.
    Marcia

    ---