Re: Sketchbooks

From: SuDoman
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 09:14:19 PDT

    I begin with portfolios too. My 4th and 5th grade classes make sketchbooks
    at the beginning of the year too. I was lucky to get some free cases of
    blank white paper that had been hole punched. We did a watercolor cover last
    year and put it together using rubberbands and chopsticks, two wooden
    skewers, or natural twigs (their choice). I have a few sketchbook assignments
    but I let them work in their sketchbooks any time they are finished early.
    Last year I tied it into a Davinci lesson and we discussed his famous
    sketchbooks (and the new horse sculpture unveiled in Grand Rapids-Oct. '99).
    This year I want to do a paste paper cover. Good luck. su

    ---