Re: 5 Most Influential Artists

From: Amenay2
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 06:31:25 PDT

    This is extremely difficult to answer esp. if you avoid the 1001 question
    game.regarding time, grade level, system, ancestry, geography, personal
    preferences...etc.

    It may have been easier to guess the greatest person in the world during the
    past millineum ... Guttenberg (sp?) and the printing press ... than to list
    the 5 artists considered worthy of being recognizable by all. I can't argue
    your 5 choices but would like to suggest a couple more for consideration.

    For example Ictinos and Callicrates...the architects of the Parthenon...which
    has been one of the most influential buildings in architectural history.

    What about Bosch...his work greatly influenced many of our Surreal and other
    imaginative artists.

    If I were to step out of western civilization and into the rest of the
    world...what about Hokusai and Rivera.

    Just some thoughts.

    ---