Re: 5 Most Influential Artists

From: KPRS (KPRS)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 05:03:22 PDT

    ----- . We roughly decided upon DaVinci,
    > Michaelangelo, Rembrandt, VanGogh, and Picasso. Do you agree or disagree
    > with this list? If you were to take out one of them, which one? And who
    > would you replace him with?
    > ~Michal

    I think the question should be, which 5 artists would you INSERT into this
    list. I think that generally most people recognize the names of
    Michaelangelo, Rembrandt, VanGog and Picasso. AND I think that students will
    be exposed to these names, and certainly some of their works in their
    humanities classes (social studies, English, etc--well, at least in my
    school they are)...so the question is, who is important that doesn't make
    the top ten lists. Bernini? Frankl Lloyd Wright? Durer? Giotto? I could
    go on.

    San D

    ---