Re: Mail Art Exchange

From: KLMVisArt
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 04:22:53 PDT

    I would be interested in doing a mail art exchange with some of my elementary
    students. Maybe just one grade level... Postcards that the children create
    ( I purchased mine from Nasco) might be a fun thing. We could post them on a
    bulletin board with information about what we are diong and the state (where
    our mail art friends are from)!
    I'll keep an eye out for what teachers might want to extend the study of that
    state or see if it already connects to what they are doing (if you let me
    know where you are from...)
    Looking forward to any responses,
    Kerry
    KLMVisArt

    An artist friend of mine used to participate in a postcard art exchange with
    people from around the world. Most were from Japan though. There was a
    college there that hung the works in what they referred to as the mail art
    gallery. Has anyone heard of this kind of thing? I love the idea.

    ---